Giving and Volunteering
Giving and Donations
If you are interested in donating to The Montessori School of Columbia, please contact the Head of School, Karen Kuse at 803-783-8838 or email@example.com.
If you would like to make a donation online – please use donate through our PayPal account by clicking on the button below:
Parents – please download and fill out this form before or after you have volunteered at an MSC event or at the school. Thank you for your help!
Class Basket Donations
Our Flappers and Fellas auction will be held on April 18, 2015. This entertaining evening for MSC families is an important fundraising event for our school. The proceeds from this event will directly support your child’s education.
There are ways you can help make this event a success.
- If you frequent a local business/restaurant or you have a personal connection with a business owner, please ask if they would make a tax-deductible donation to our auction. Business owners will be more inclined to give to a customer or friend. Please use the attached donation form.
- Please donate to the baskets created by each classroom to be auctioned off. Here are the respective themes, along with some ideas for contribution. You may purchase an item for basket donation, or you can use the attached form to request donations from local businesses. Tax receipts are available for any donation, and all items are greatly appreciated. Note, these are just suggestions—feel free to come up with your own ideas!
Ms. Leslie [Primary 1] – “Relax and Recharge”
- Bath products (scrubs, salts, lotions…)
- Yoga equipment
- Linens (robe, slippers, towels, wash cloths…)
- Gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Bath & Body Works, ITunes, Massage
Ms. Carroll [Primary 2] – “What’s Cooking, Good Looking”
- Cookware and gadgets
- Cooking lessons
- Recipe books
- Linens (dish towels, oven mitt, apron…)
- Gift cards to Charleston Cooks, Pampered Chef, Bed, Bath and Beyond
Ms. Mani [Primary 3] – “Get in the Game”
- Sports equipment (bats, balls, fishing gear…)
- Game tickets
- Accessories (sunblock, water bottle…)
- Cooler to use as the basket
- Gift cards to Academy Sports, Dicks Sporting Goods, or Karate studio
Lower Elementary – “Nurturing Nature”
- Tools (trowel, gloves, watering can…)
- Seeds and soil
- Small cart or outdoor bin to use as the basket
- Coupons/vouchers for yard, lawn or mosquito treatments and services
- Gift cards to garden centers
Upper Elementary – “Backyard BBQ”
- Grill tools and accessories
- Spices and rubs
- Grilling cookbook
- Apron and visor
- S’more fixings + skewers
- Lawn games
Items may be brought to the office, or dropped off during carpool in designated bins. Please turn in all donations by February 20, 2015.
Thanks in advance for helping to make the auction a success! Please contact us if you have any questions!
Fran Banchek, Auction Acquisitions Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gwen Jones, Auction Classroom Liaison (email@example.com)
Save the Date: Flappers & Fellas
Dear MSC Friend & Family
We are thrilled to announce that our spring event will be another MSC auction. “Flappers & Fellas” will be held at The Big Apple on Saturday, April 18th, 2015 at 7:00pm.
Rebecca Coffman & Becky Carter have graciously volunteered to serve as our Auction Chair and Co Chair this year. Rebecca & Becky have been working with our committee chairs to begin planning this wonderful event. last year’s auction raised over $16,000 for MSC, and we are eager to build on that fantastic accomplishment.
A huge thank you to those who have volunteered to chair auction committees and also to Gwen Jones for agreeing to be our Class Liaison! We have the chairs and now we need to complete their teams.
A successful auction depends on the support of all MSC families, and we need your help! If you will volunteer on a committee listed below, please call or email Rebecca Coffman, Auction Chair, at 803.237.7044 and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Acquisitions Committee will solicit silent auction items from parents, teachers, alumni, and the community.
Chairs: Fran Banchek and Michael Coffman
The Sponsorship/Advertising Committee will solicit and recognize sponsorships.
Chair: Amy Smith
The Communications Committee will provide an informative auction newsletter, develop a webpage, and design the auction catalogue.
Chair: Steph Bilovsky
The Class Projects Committee will work with the primary and elementary school students to design class projects for sale at the auction.
Chair: Pam Voros
The Decorations Committee will oversee set-up, clean-up, and check-out on the day of the event.
Chair: Casey Webb
We are deeply grateful for any time and help that you are able to give.
Attachments which can be downloaded are linked below.